Warning: your browser seems to be quite old, or at least old enough that it does not support the minimal standard capabilities of today's browsers, which are used extensively on this site. Please upgrade to a browser that supports web standards, specifically one that supports minimal CSS1 capabilities, such as Netscape 6 or higher, IE 5 or higher, or Opera 5 or higher. Your browsing experience will be much better! Thanks.
OpenPGP/GPG key ID: 8A9B433B
Short biography (A)
I was born in Milan (Italy) on April 12th, 1974. I received the Laurea degree (BS, MS) in Telecommunication Engineering (summa cum laude) from the University of Padova (Italy) in 1998. In February 2002 I received the Ph.D. degree in Information Engineering from the University of Brescia, Italy. Since March 2005 I am a Permanent Resercher in Computer Networks at the University of Brescia.
My research interests include techniques and methods for the simulation of packet networks and the evaluation of their performances; development of QoS enabled algorithms for Medium Access Control in 802.11 networks; and statistical analysis of network traffic.
2017/05/19: StageItalian company (SMI) located in Brescia area is looking for a talented student to bring in new skills regarding IoT - Cloud interaction. Goal of the stage is to find and deploy state-of-the-art transceivers in a micro-controller environment. If you are interested, please, contact me.
- WiSHFUL, Wireless Software and Hardware platforms for Flexible and Unified radio and network controL (EU H2020, 2015-2017)
- OpenFWWF, an Open Firmware for WiFi networks
- M. Schulz, F. Gringoli, D. Steinmetzer, M. Koch, M. Hollick,Massive Reactive Smartphone-Based Jamming using Arbitrary Waveforms and Adaptive Power Control, WiSEC 2017, Boston, MA, US, July 18-20, 2017.
- F. Maturi, F. Gringoli, R. Lo Cigno,A dynamic and autonomous channel selection strategy for interference avoidance in 802.11", WONS 2017, Jackson Hole, WY, US, Feb. 21-24, 2017
- L. Sanabria-Russo, J. Barcelo, B. Bellalta, F. Gringoli, "A High Efficiency MAC Protocol for WLANs: Providing Fairness in Dense Scenarios", IEEE Transactions on Networking, 25(1), pp. 492-505, 2017.
During winter semester I'm teaching Network Security and Networking courses. Follow the link on the left column to access teaching material.